Court Delays & Closures
Please see below for a list of current court delays and closures. If these updates impact your company, True Hire will reach out and provide a workaround to maintain an efficient background check process. (Updated 1/2022)
- Stanislaus County CA – Due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases and staffing shortages, Clerk’s Offices will be closed to the public beginning Monday, January 24, 2022, through and including Friday, February 4, 2022. COURTROOMS REMAIN OPEN; if you have a court hearing scheduled, you must attend unless your attorney has informed you otherwise.
- Ventura CA – Due to COVID spikes, the court is not allowing researchers into the court at this time. Any searches that require the clerk’s assistance will be delayed until the court reopens.
- Santa Clara CA – Due to COVID spikes, the court is not allowing researchers into the court at this time. Any searches that require the clerk’s assistance will be delayed until the court reopens.
- Los Angeles CA date of birth verification is very difficult at this time because the only way available to confirm is through ordering court copies.
- Madison GA – Clerk searches only, and the court has closed due to COVID. No records are able to be processed in the court at this time. True Hire is working to still gain access to the records using other resources.
- Seminole GA court posted a notice on the door that they are closed until 01/17. Nothing will be done in the court until it reopens. True Hire is working to still gain access to the records using other resources.
- Gallatin KY is limiting their court access due to COVID numbers in their area. Searches are taking longer in this area due to the limits researchers have.
- Graves KY does not have a public access terminal at this time, and have informed researchers that a PAT will not be available until late 2022. Searches are delayed due to the need for clerk assistance.
- Graves County, KY, has opened a temporary court location after the court was destroyed in the tornadoes. They will not be providing public access to the court or processing any searches. No timetable has been provided for when they will be processing orders again.
- Lake TN has closed their court due to the number of staff that have COVID. Nothing will be completed in this county until the court reopens. No ETA for a reopening at this time. True Hire is working to still gain access to the records using other resources.